Location: Illovo, Sandton, South Africa
About the Job
Supabets is looking for a meticulous, detail-oriented individual to ensure the efficient management, data processing and administration of the Payroll department. The main purpose of the role is to guarantee accurate payroll records of approximately 2200 employees as well as to contribute to the timeous and accurate payment of salaries of all staff (Multiple legal entities, across 32 branches) in line with company processes and procedures and relevant legislation.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Identify and recommend updates to payroll processing software, systems, and procedures.
- Review all payroll processing to ensure timely and accurate processing of payroll transactions including salaries, benefits, garnishments, taxes, and other deductions.
- Create guidelines on payroll-related processes, including timekeeping procedures.
- Prepare and submit monthly, quarterly, and annual payroll reports.
- Provide technical support, training, and general backup for payroll operations.
- Ensure that monthly and yearly EMP201/EMP501 PAYE, IRP5’s and IT3A’s deadlines are met.
- Plan, prioritize, assign, and oversee the daily workflow of payroll staff within the department.
- Manage and coach payroll staff.
- Facilitate audits by providing records and documentation to auditors.
- Provident Fund and UIF functions are performed and that all relevant paperwork are kept up to date
- 3rdParty reconciliations
- PAYE, UIF, COIDA, ROE, Employment Equity, WSP, BBBEE, StatsSA and other reporting
HR duties and responsibilities
- Head Office clocks – Turbo Time system
- Pulling reports from Turbo Time
- Manually working these into excel
- Checking manually vs the shifts employees have worked for late coming/leaving early
- Reporting to management on discrepancies / late comings /leaving early
- Issuing warnings in line with directives from Management
- Keeping record of warnings accordingly
- Advising Managers on wording of warnings
- Head Office timesheet – employees are paid per shift worked
- Working from the clocks/rosters received from Head of Departments
- Compiling the Head Office salary sheet
- Checking for discrepancies between rosters and actual clocks (Turbo Time)
- Leave/Sick Leave/Family Responsibility/Absenteeism
Essential qualifications and experience
- 10 to 15 years’ payroll experience
- Minimum 5+ years in payroll management role
- Extensive knowledge of the payroll function including preparation, balancing, internal control, and payroll taxes Attention to detail and an analytical mind
- Outstanding communication skills (written and verbal)
- Knowledge of BCEA, LRA and all other payroll related legislation
- Unionized environment
- Ability to multitask and work under pressure
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Customer Centric
- Ability to manage the Payroll and HR teams
- Manage stakeholder relationships
- Certification on Sage VIP Premier
- 2000 – 3000 headcount
- ODBC superuser
- SMART reports
- Excel – Advanced user
- End to end Payroll Management function